Questions and answers about SMPLify
- I want to use SMPLify for commercial purposes. What do I do?
For commercial uses, please contact Michael J. Black (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- I want to use SMPLify for my own images, other than the provided LSP dataset
Provided is a demo code that shows how to fit SMPL to images using LSP joints, it is not a standalone code for running SMPLify on new images. For that please compute your own joints using joint detectors trained on LSP. We recommend Convolutional Pose Machines or DeepCut. Load the computed 14 joint location of the joints and their confidence value along with the image and send it to run_single_fit function (see fit_3d.py).
- I cannot find ../smpl/models/ directory even though I downloaded SMPLify
Please note that SMPL and SMPLify are two seperate projects. To run SMPLify, you need the SMPL body model package, which is available at http://smpl.is.tue.mpg.de.
- I get an error message: ImportError: No module named smpl_webuser.serialization
smpl_webuser refers to the SMPL package, a prerequisite for running SMPLify. Please download and install the package from http://smpl.is.tue.mpg.de. If you did but still getting this problem, this means your Python cannot find SMPL on its path. Make sure the folder you extracted SMPL to is in the Python path (check the PYTHONPATH environment variable or in an interactive Python session, do import sys; print(sys.path)).
- My question isn’t answered here.
Please mail us at email@example.com and we will try to help.